In the media and society at large there has been a lot of concern about the virus. It, of course, is a worry especially for the elderly and vulnerable. We, of course, do not want to be alarmist and yet at the same time you have a responsibility to take reasonable precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus. In consequence we are introducing the following measures in the parish.
1. On entering Church hand gel is available for us all to sanitize our hands.
We need only use a little gel to do so.
2. The Holy Water stoops have been emptied in all churches.
3. There will be NO sign of peace.
4. Communion will be administered by reception of the host only. The chalice will not be administered.
5. Communion will only be distributed on the hand (not on the tongue).
6. Those who receive blessings at communion will do so without contact to the skin.
7. The Clergy will greet parishioners as usual however without shaking hands.
8. Shared hymnbooks and Mass books will not be used at this time.
Single use Mass sheets will be carefully thrown away after use.
Thank you for your cooperation in these matters. We have a moral responsibility to safeguard the health and wellbeing of each other to the best of our ability.
Please pray that this outbreak will soon pass and not be too harmful.
Prayer of St Columba
Be a bright flame before me, O God a guiding star above me.
Be a smooth path below me, a kindly shepherd behind me
today, tonight and for ever. Alone with none but you, my God
I journey on my way; what need I fear when you are near,
O Lord of night and day?
More secure am I with in your hand than if a multitude did round me stand.